Tuesday 2 January 2018

Welcome to 2018: The Year of Colour!

 Simple colour wash creating distance and "veins" in colour runs

Welcome to 2018!

Wow, what a start to the year I am having. Tomorrow I leave to film my new DVDs in Florida with Artist Network TV.com. Everyone is so excited about my returning to film again with them and I am thrilled too. I can't wait to get there. Over the last few weeks I have had conference calls from the USA team to discuss my new demonstrations and film content. Its' been so exciting and yet with Christmas and New Year get togethers', trying to focus on this trip has been really difficult. Hence my silence on my blog for so long.

I used to contribute to my blog regularly but now any free time is so very hard to find . Just at the point in my art life when I have so many new ideas and far more to share. Its si frustrating in some ways as my technique and my painting approaches have changed dramatically over the years. Especially so with colour. Mainly because I travel so often and see so many tempting sights to paint . But also from my time spent at Daniel Smith in Seattle where I find myself  completely immersed in colour absorption from all the exciting shades there on display, readily available to try. By the way there are now just a few slots available for my workshops there at the end of this year when I will be returning.

For now I am still working on my new book which is huge! It is full of inspirational tips and demonstrations which I hope everyone will love. I am proof reading it at the moment and adding text for a few extra demonstrations in the last sections. This is a book I can't wait to get my hands on to be honest. It will be my favourite for years to come for many reasons. I will share more about its' launch  in other blog posts but I will be at Patchings this year to celebrate, if you would like to join me there.

For now though I want to wish everyone a very happy new year and I will make another wish. I hope whatever your goals or dreams are for 2018 they all come true. 
But do remember. 
Sometimes dreams need a little patience while waiting for them to happen, or they may just need a little nudge  in the right direction.

Lets' see what happens over the next twelve months but my tip would be try starting the year with some new colours! And of  course new colour combinations. Don't lets' get stuck in "yesterday" or what we have always done in the past. This is the year for excitement, dramatic paintings and stunning results.

Lets' all go for gold this year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Wintry Shadows

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jean, rereading an old book of yours with my morning coffee and seeing things I hadn’t before. I love your books!! You have a unique way of giving personality to the media. I’m so looking forward to your new book!! :-)